Thursday, March 8, 2012

To all the girls I've loved before ...

"... It is women's day today...

Just know that you are celebrated and cherished."

This doesn't apply to all the girls I've loved before only. It applies to them, to all of them, to each and every one of them.

And if I haven't loved you yet, my dear sweet girl, reading this post, wondering if she's lovable, wondering if she's loved...

Wonder no more.

I love you.

Oh, and my confession: I had to be told it's women's day today, just as when I worked at sbux and wondered why everybody was wearing green on that bitterly cold day in March last year, and, no duh, it was St. Patrick's day...

Yeah, I'm Irish, like I know when St. Patrick's day. I wore green that day, even, because I wore the green apron, just as I wore it every day of the week back then.

Yeah, I'm a woman, and I have to be told today is women's day.

You know what?

Every day is women's day. If you're a girl, or a woman, you should be proud to be you, and know that the world just. won't. work. without you in it. Every day is Irish day, because every day 'Kiss me, I'm Irish,' applies, and it doesn't matter if your Irish or Israeli or Iswedish, you deserve to know that you can love and that you are loved.

And today is women's Irish's day, so I deserved to be loved.

... and get smooches, too, but I don't want to give a little freckled red-haired cutie with sea-green eyes my sniffles.

Cuddles. Cuddles work just fine and dandy for me today, or any day of the week. They go well with scintillating intellectual conversations about epistemology.

Or the blessed, blessed silence of post-coital bliss.

.. um ... WHAT'S BEHIND YOU!

(`phfina scampers off)

No comments:

Post a Comment