Monday, October 7, 2013

Dancing in the Rain (at work)

Call me shy and quiet, 'cause that's what I am.

Call me wild and crazy, 'cause that's what they think I am.

And maybe I am, too.

So, rain. Rain like the end of the world, rain coming down in sheets, sideways!

And everybody stopped work and ran to the windows, and delighted in it.

"Oh, I love this!" one said. Another: "Is it going to be safe going home?"

All that.

So, what did little `phfina do, huh, pray tell?

I looked out at the rain, I looked at all the people inside, then I ...

Went out the guarded security doors, walked out of the atrium, and ... went outside.

I went to the self-same window that everybody else had gathered around inside, and, in the rain, I began to dance.


I am μέλισσα (Melissa), I am the bee, and I am the honey.
I am Sita, I am Lakshmi, loving and loved, and so, so sad.
I am Freya, I am Frigg, I am Sif: I am warrior and a huntress.
I am wisdom and I am fertility.
I am Mother Mary, delighting when baby boy Jesus took His first step.

And as I danced, the rain fell in sheets and permeated my being.

And the people inside saw me, and gasped in shock, and laughed and laughed at me and with me, with joy at and with silly, silly, powerful, crazy, little me.

And then ... well, ... so, `phfina what are you doing at home writing this entry, instead of crunching number on your spreadsheets?

Well ... I didn't pack extra clothes for work today, as it wasn't raining cats and dogs and antelopes, so ... yeah. My wet tee?

People would get the wrong idea about me as my wet tee dried, and, you know, ... teased them.

Or, maybe they'd get the right idea about me. Who am I to judge them? idk.

So, home, changing clothes, eating self-cooked lunch (latkes), and now, dashing back to work.

Can't wait to hear what the have to say about me, but that doesn't matter.

For, after all, I am `phfina: shy and quiet, strong, and powerful.

I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment