Saturday, October 30, 2010

Another life touching lives

'phfina היקרה,

It's been so long since I last wrote you, so long since I had time to sit and think what I want to say (to you, to myself, to everyone else), and so, so long since I last decided to do something to myself only, made time to stare and wonder, sit and read fanfiction, fail translating a story, whatever.

I'm writing you now because I came across something you wrote that held a lot of meaning to me so I saved it. Something about loving myself, appreciating myself. Remember? You gave me (us) homework- to look in the mirror and tell the reflection how beautiful she is. (have you done your homework lately? If I read your latest post correctly, it seems like you're slacking)

I wanted you to know that I've made a few changes in my life. I decided to give this year. I live in a Commune (not something big and scary with wierd acts involved. Just six girls, of the same age, that decided to volunteer and give together this year. No orgies either ;)), and we work with broken girls, some just a year younger than us, in a closed institution, where they were admitted by court order. We spend all our time with them, talking, laughing, passing their time, trying to help. Giving and getting so much in return. I feel like ?I don't have time to breathe, like I'm drowning, but when I resurface, when I take that breath and pause- I think to myself 'why the hell did I stop?' and dive right in again.

I'm telling you all this because at first, when I started looking at myself in the mirror, I wanted to believe what you told me (us), but now, after two months since I started this work, I can and I do actually believe it. And I just wanted to share that with you.

There are broken girls everywhere you look, it's not only something you read about or see in movies or TV. A lot of people don't realize that, or don't want to, or are scared. But a lot more people don't know about those that try to help, and sometimes even succeed in helping. They are a lot harder to find and believe in, those nutters that want to be a part of some stranger's messed up life, but they are there, and they want to help. I know, I'm one of them (apparently).

I wanted to thank you, for those PMs and posts that for me are more than just plain words from a stranger; for your writing, that touches me. And I wanted to let you know that there are people out there that think that the good news for them is being accepted into the life of a person that might need them more than someone else, and not the oblivious pink-versioned one.

Lupera

reposted with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment