Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fangirl

Okay.

SQUEEE!

That's not very informative, but have you ever met a fangirl who is?

Well, now you have, 'cause you just met me, biatch!

Like, for example, I squee like a fangirl over the Avengers, but I tell you why I'm squeeing. And it makes (reasonable) sense. So there.

So, a bit of squeeing first:

Cortana-angry/(nekkid)-babe ... what you didn't see in that clip was the (start of the?) campaign mission, with spiffy new, neato self-constructing weapons (ooh, techi-nerdy girl squeals), and bad-ass robotic alien enemies (eh *shrugs* ... I'm not into monster-closet-boo-scared-you cheap thrills).

Okay, more squeeing: Imma gonna save the galaxy!

Imma gonna act like a ... BOY! ... Not! SO Not!

Imma gonna kill me some nasty space bugs!

So, yeah, I'm all tingly and squee-y and saving up my quarters. But you notice something? (besides boyz being boyz, but that's like a non-news item) ... I mean and sure the hero is a (craggy old) boy, but you notice how much more present the female role is? And more than just a 'Imma here to give you the next waypoint and make you a sammich' role?

Check this.

Yes, it's fictional, but there are more girls on that team, and kicking ass, too, than there are boys.

Yes, I'm a fangirl, and an idealist, that I believe that girls can ... well, you know, be out there with the boys, on equal footing, kicking ass, and getting respect, not because they are girls only, but because they are, you know, real, contributing members of the team.

Yeah, I'm stupid that way, but that's one of the reasons why I'm squeeing. I'm seeing girls, I'm seeing me, out there, in Halo 4, kicking ass, taking names, smiling, a part of the team, respected.

And that's one of the reasons why I'm saving my quarters for Halo 4.

... oh, and do I get a steamy hot-smex shower scene with Cortana as an unlockable? I'd kneel down in front of her and make her scream, all right, but she won't be wearing her angry face, oh, no ... ;) *snicker*

No comments:

Post a Comment