Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Anyone But Me webseries review

I'm supposed to be writing right now, but I got the link from oml to Anything But Me, and I had to watch what was available of both seasons right now.

The writing is transparent. There isn't writing, it's just ... life, so unflinchingly presented yet in such a heartwarming way. And the relationship between Vivian and Aster. I want that. Both girls are so, so strong and powerful, so strong, in fact that they show their strength, but then they also yield to the other, and most times yielding without a single fiber of self lost in their deference to each other. They have a mutual respect that ...

I can't describe it. I can only watch them, and love them, as they love each other, in their humanness, with all their might.

God! This series gives me such hope for our community, that we can also have this as being, you know, just life. Two girls, loving each other, and being in the world. Weird? Different? No. Just life.

And just so beautiful.

Thank you for this series.

kisses, 'phfina

p.s. and now, after having just watched the tenth webisode of the second season, I’m conflicted. I mean, the whole second season has been building up to this, but why do girls (or people) have to do this to each other? You both love each other so much, why do you have to lash out to her and just hit her there right where you know it kills her, absolutely kills her like that? And why do you have to make her lash out like that? You’ve got the perfect person, why does your thoughts have to be so conflicted like this?

Why?

I am hating this series right now. I am seriously hating it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment