Saturday, September 18, 2010

"The List"

Rosalie has two lists. Rosalie is a light-weight. Two lists? I'd like to get mine down to two lists. Maybe I could have two lists of my lists, but that's just me shooting for stars and breaking my chin when I hit the stone-hewn floor.

So, here's one of my lists, and you could read it like I'm blowing my own horn, because, well, I am. But I ask you to read this in a different way. I ask you to read this like it's your list.

Or, I ask you to make your own list that is, really, your own list and put it up on your profile.

OR, I ask you to read you in this list. AND if you don't read you in this list, I ask you to PM me.

"Hey, 'phfina, you little dummy, remember that time I ... and you ... and I ...? So put that on your flimmin'-flammin' list, already! Don't make me come over there, because I will so order a latte when I do!"

AND if you want your name on this list, go ahead, PM me. I'm leaving names off here out of respect to your privacy. If "respect" for you means that you are recognized by name, I'll be happy to put your (profile) name and a link to your profile, for I am grateful to you.

So, yeah, here's my list.
  1. A girl wrote in her review that one of my stories saved her life.

  2. A girl sent me a proposal of marriage in her PM. She was joking. But she wasn't. And that made Saga SO JEALOUS! and I don't know what I like more, the sweetness (and carefreeness) of the proposal, or the ... "reaction" from Saga.

  3. A girl wrote in her review that my PM to her ... well, her BFF is now her GF and it's because a snoopy (boy) friend was reading what I was writing to her about being honest with BFF and not getting all stalker-crazy-fantasy.

  4. A girl came out to her mom and her friends. And she had smilies when she told me ... that's good, right?

  5. A girl admitted she started writing because of my stories. One girl I'm sure she said this, two other girls I'm not sure but ... maybe I had something to do with them starting writing.

  6. A girl got a kiss from a girl, because I emboldened her to ask for it.

  7. A girl told me she loves me? Yes, a girl told me she loves me.

  8. A girl did her homework, for the first time, at my ... erhm, encouragement.

  9. A girl blushed with glee at my review of her story. Strike that, more than one girl has done that. My reviews can make writers happy.

  10. I wrote a chapter for another girl's story. I've done that twice so far. One ... wasn't received so well by the readers. One was. Both inspired the writers to continue to write. Oh, yeah. A girl dared to publish a story because I dared to demand that she do just that, and she picked up my thrown gauntlet.

  11. More than several girls dared to review my works in their native and first languages which happen to be other than English. Would they have ever dared that? To express themselves sincerely and in their own language? I allowed this by asking for it ... very insistently.

  12. A girl cried and cried when I told her that it was okay to be herself, whoever that self she found herself to be and that self whom she loved. And then she gave her mom a hug.

  13. A girl told me I've marked her face with a permanent smirk. Yes, I do write (intentionally) humorous pieces, too, even if the humor is a bit "rye" ... but it wouldn't be Rosalie without the snide little side commentary, now would it, right?

  14. A girl screamed when she saw I updated my story.

  15. More than one girl couldn't wait to read my stories, so they read them in class ... both got caught red-handed. Explain this kind of "literature" to teacher, eh?

    [I TOLD you NOT to read my stuff in class!] [But who listens to 'phfina, hm?]


Oh, and here's another list. Gratitude, right? Well, yes!
  1. A boy gave me his broad shoulders to cry on.

  2. Same boy said only a handful of authors get Rosalie right ... and I'm one of them.

  3. A girl ... helped me when I suddenly realized that everything had shifted and I didn't know how to go on, because I didn't know who or what I was anymore ... you know, when ... *blush* ... anyway, and she, in her wisdom, guided me from not being able to breathe to 'it's okay, lots of people experience this and it's perfectly fine.' You know you saved my life just then, sweetheart. You know that, don't you?

  4. A girl said she trying reading a Rosalie fic and liked it, because I kept her character, true and her (black) heart, pure ... and loving ... and caring ... and sardonic.

  5. A girl told me I really shine in my Alice-Rosalie interactions. Another girl told me my Jasper was rock star ... in fact ... "girl"? No: "girls." One girl hugged her computer when reading my story. Aw!

  6. A girl called my writing astounding. Another girl said I am a writer. Another girl said I should be published in print. So did another one, and then set up a website to showcase my work, starting with my only story, my first story: Sappho's Muse.

  7. A girl dedicated a story to me. Same girl wrote me into her story.

  8. A girl put into my head the seed of my "hug game" in a PM to me when I was feeling blue.

  9. And your reviews? GOD! your reviews. I mean, Rosalie and Me? Your reviews saved that piece from deletion. BUT THEN you got what ch 8 was up to in Our First Time ... a nothing little chapter, just like my nothing little one-shot Fireworks. Just a kiss under a tree; just a shared moment at an sbux. That's all. That is: nothing at all, except for your reviews. Thank you, thank you and thank you.

  10. A girl PMed me and asked me how I was doing. Asked me if I was okay. Hm, a boy did that, too. Hm. A lot of people do that a lot of the time.

People care about me. People care about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment