Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My week; The Cure

Do you know what cures the blues?

My little voice: Aren't you supposed to be in the timeout corner?
Me: I was, but now I'm out.
My little voice, looking at me shocked: Out? Out? Like after thirty seconds in the corner?

Then she shakes her head in disgust. But I don't have time to entertain Ms. Muse.

So I answer with a tight: Do me a favor, just for once? Shut the fuck up?

My little voice, looking absolutely ecstatic: Nope.

But she does shut up. She's willful and contrarian like that.

ANYWAY, as I was saying! Do you know how to cure a case of the blues? I do:
I don't care if Monday's blue;
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday, too.
Thursday I don't care about you.
It's Friday, I'm in love!

I mean, really! After The Cure got over being all gothy, they really kicked out some beauts! Here's a song that sings out week after week of just pure love and happy-poppy joy and it. never. gets. old!
I don't care if Monday's black
Tuesday, Wednesday heart attack
Thursday never looking back
It's Friday I'm in love!

Now, about a week ... do you know where we got the names for the week? Well, obvious the sun and the moon, but what about the rest? ... Somebody's just going to burst with pride now, isn't she, with what I'm about to write ... ask me if I care:
Monday you could fall apart;
Tuesday, Wednesday: break my heart;
Thursday doesn't even start;
It's Friday I'm in love!

  • Well, Tuesday is from Tui the sky and weather (Norse) god.

  • Wednesday is from Wootan (Odin), the AllFather of the (Norse) gods. Mr. Wednesday was the man behind the story of American Gods.

    Oh, he also shows up in one of my stories, too.

  • Thursday is for our Thor, the red-beard, the (Norse) god of thunder.

  • Friday is the only day named for a (Norse) goddess: Freyja who so totally kicked ass in the looks department, and, being Norse, would kick anybody's ass, anyway that she got her own day. The best day, too, I'll point out right here, 'cause girls kick ass, period!

Um. *blush* So, yeah, that's where the days of the week come from.

Oh, 'phfina ... you and my little voice chant teasingly, how did you come across this scintillating piece of knowledge?

Oh, um, la-di-dah! *blush*, I just ... read something (which is SO NSFW that if you're at work or school, you'd better NOT select this link nor read this!)

So, yeah, my week can be down-down-down and then, suddenly, WHAMMO! it's Friday, and I'm in love.

So my wish for you, my dear reader, reading this silly, little posting from this silly, little girl, is that you get this: I may not know you, but take away this: whatever day it is in the world, today, for you and for me, and although we've maybe never met, but I wave my magic wand and *doink!* it's Friday, and I'm in love.

With you.

kisses, 'phfina

No comments:

Post a Comment