Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh, no! It's a P.S. to "The (Two) List(s)"

Uh-oh! That's what I always think whenever anybody sends me a P.S. PM, because, well, because my P.S.'s are something I didn't think about, because why? Because well, it might be scary what I don't want to think about, or hurtful.  You know: the 'oh, by the way,' the, as I say, 'à propos de rein' (which a cute little French girl just scolded me about my usage). And if I've studied psychology (and I have studied psychology), then I know there's a reason for forgetting something, and there's a reason for sending the P.S.  It's like the P.S. is really the message, and the message I had sent was just the cover to soften you up.

And it makes all the work, all that effort, I had put into the original PM for nought, and I die a little death when I send a P.S. or when I receive a P.S. Because, oh, noes, here it comes. And I grit my teeth, and I brace myself.

Oftentimes for "P.S. hugs" and I'm like ... aw~w~w~w~w~w~w! and sniffle a little sniffle.

So: "P.S." and "How could I forget?"
  1. ('X.' because I've lost count) I've made more than one girl have to do the laundry, including me.

    'phfina, every girl living on her own has to do the laundry.

    No, I'm talking extra loads, and because of ... something happening ... with her ... when she reads my stories.

    AND these girls have invariably reported a new-found relationship with their washing machines ... and you know what I'm talking about ('spin cycle,' anyone?)

  2. Because of you, I've learned words in languages I never knew (both the words and the languages).

  3. And, 'oh, by the way' ... I've written stories. I've dared, I've been sick, I've been scared, and ... my heart has been touched by my stories. I hope my stories touch your heart, too. I wrote them for me, and I wrote them for you.

kisses, 'phfina

p.p.s. Okay, what's so frigging hard about writing a list that goes 'X., Y., Z.' in HTML? Do you know how many hours of my life I just wasted studying 'OL' and 'LI' and style-sheets and 'CSS' (whatever the hell! that is!)? And all this studying for what result? NOT to have it work on blogspot? What the Hell! I just wanna have an 'X., Y., Z.' list! What does a girl have to do to get that around here, for goodness sake!

Oh! Um. Yeah. This was supposed to be an appreciative entry, not a diatribe ... *sigh*

*blush* (mutter-mutter 'HTML is so-o-o-o-o easy!' *rolls eyes* mutter-mutter)

No comments:

Post a Comment