Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Writing material

Thought for the day

Do you know how life is a roller-coaster ride, with it's ups and downs? Or so I'm told. And they tell you just to ride it, and not to get off?

I find myself here in the middle of this twister, a scared little girl with no ruby slippers and no toto.

They say in the center of a tornado and at the eye of a hurricane is utter stillness, so all I can do is stay in the center of this storm called life, and any step, ANY step in any direction leads to calamity. As I've seen. Today. Again.

And ... but ... if I stand still, the imperious, impersonal, dispassionate storm called life will roll, uncaringly, right over this sad little nothing girl.

Because that's what life does. It goes on. and on. and on.

God, I hope Saga writes.
God, after what I just wrote her, ... I hope she doesn't.

And then there's all the littered corpses scattered pel-mel behind me, too. 'Friends' or 'survivor victims of the 'phfina encounter.'

I am SO not cut out to be a masochist, so why do I keep doing this to myself. Why do I keep breathing? ... when I just. can't. breathe.

And I look in the mirror and ask one simple question: 'who is the cause of all this?' and look into the eyes of the girl who so knows the answer.

'You did, 'phfina. You,' she says. And she is so right: as always, it's all my fvcking fault.

Just some random thoughts for today. On the upside: 'ooh, fresh writing material! Yay!'

And the irony that I'm so present to right now is that people ask me, all the time, where I get ideas for my stories. Hm, let me think about that ... ah, yes! I know: I'm still breathing, unfortunately, so there is just oh-so-many things to write about today.

That's 'phfina's lovely little thought for the day. Happy? You want insights into mysterious reclusive little writer 'phfina? Well, then, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment